Friday, October 29, 2010

1 More Mouth To Feed

I decided to go out and take a few pictures of historical buildings in my city, as I was about to pack it in for the day I heard the unmistakable crying of a wee kitty and I saw him under a pile of old wood, he was stuck in an abandoned lumber yard.
He was starving and filthy my gut told me to walk away but my heart couldn't, I called my wife and she was able to get a hold of him and brought him to the Humane Society, he had a fever so they would not take him. It was either have him put down on the spot or take him home, so after a bath and some medication here is the little bugger that now lives in my house.
I am supposed to be a rough and tumble, drinking and fighting Scotsman, but I was melted by a kitten. Oh well even tough guys shed a tear now and then.....

WOODY
Dirty Cat
Mad Cat
Soaked Cat
Cool Cat

Lucky little bastard.

9 comments:

  1. and a very cute kitten! good on you two! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Baj! Adopting a sickly animal is about 2 years of good karma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always use some karma....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to have my cat put to sleep on Monday. I'm waiting to find my next kitty (I tend to find my cats in trees or shrubs). I hope you and Woody have many wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, sorry to hear about the cat. Keep on looking I am sure you will find one.
    All the best, Sausage...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best blog post I've read all week!
    Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog and read this post alone...I'm not a big cat person...but this fellow is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a cute little fella... and there's nothing wrong with having a little kitty melt your heart! May he have a good long and healthy life with you and Mrs Sausage.

    ReplyDelete