Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Take your Vuvu and stick it up your zela

I have never looked at other cultures as foreign or alien, It was hard enough growing up in America being labeled as both. I like to think of myself as one who embraces people from parts of the globe not geographically close to my own and learns from their culture to better my own life.
That was untill the World Cup started and the bloody Vuvuzelas drowned out the sounds of the beautiful game on the pitch, these horns of ear shattering noise can stop a rhino from 50 paces. I would only suggest beg the fans in South Africa to please stop making that noise for part of the game.
It is even more difficult to promote soccer to the average baseball fan when they assume that the horns are part of every game.
Oh well who am I to judge...keep on blowing....Just have fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment