Thursday, March 11, 2010

Can It Be?

I woke up this morning with a weird thought coursing through my head, the leftovers of a vivid dream gone wrong. What was this fog inside my head that complexed my every whim, why am I so bothered today. Several cups of coffee later I realized what it was that had me so torn, I sat down to gather my thoughts and ask myself "Am I crazy to think these thoughts?" Can it be possible? What the f**k, can Wayne Rooney be the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!
Hold on, I thought no player from the UK has ever been the best player in the world that right is reserved for Brazilians, Spaniards, Italians, Dutch and Germans, right?
On current form Rooney is the best striker on the planet, the AC Milan defense will have nightmares for years to come when pondering the task of defending the Merseyside beast.
Loosing Ronaldo was the catalyst for Rooney to re-emerge as a lone striker, a natural position for him to terrorize defenses and keepers alike. At one point in the second half after Man U. were well ahead, a ball was played from the back out to the left midfield for Milan, Rooney sprinted full blast to help his midfield recover possession. Would Ronaldo do that? what about Pato, Robinho, Kaka, Messi, Torres? none of these superstars hustle as much as Rooney for the full 90, he relishes in leaving everything on the pitch.
So tonight as you lay your pretty head down to sleep, ponder the world's best players and ask yourself this question - If I was a manager who would I pick as my striker right now?
You Know the answer - WR10

4 comments:

  1. Oh my good man, you have such a lot to learn about fitba in general. Supporting M********r U****d is considered a big no-no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nea Jimmy, not a supporter of the future green and yellow just an admirer of goal scoring talent. We are starved of real football talent over here and watching the handsome ones goal scoring run has brought back great memories of my early years in Americaland and how I was able to score at will against there hole filled defenses. The only English team I ever liked was Forrest way back in the late 70's and early 80's with John Robertson and Kenny Burns.
    ps. I was raised on the terraces of Tannadice befeore I even had hair on my sack, I know my fitba.... cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe that the hype that is Rooney actually seems to have some foundation. He might well be what England were missing. Of course he has to transfer his Man Utd form to the national side. I'm not exactly sure that the England National team has anywhere close to the amount of talent that he is used to.

    The only time I enjoyed watching the tangerines was back in the 80s when they had the European run under Jim Mclean. I was so young and naive then that I didn't realise that it would take so long for another Scottish side to have a similar feat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great part of that euro run was such a wee team as United were(are) we were beating the likes of the old firm and other top euro class with a tiny budget and tiny grounds. This was the time in my life when I stood on the terraces with my Father, the greatest honor a boy could have bestowed upon him. I try to explain to my boys, both who were born here and it disnay translate. If it wasnay fur those cheating old lady Italians at Juventus and their bloody paid of ref. then United would have won the UEFA cup.

    ReplyDelete