Monday, October 12, 2009

For the love of football, the real kind

I have been in America for almost 30 years, I love the culture, the food, the weather and I even love the sports but I can't fathom why Americans don't embrace real football (soccer). I have heard crap excuses like - too boring, not enough scoring and my personal favorite "It's for girls" I usually reply to the later with "Let's go the the field, you run with the ball and I will slide tackle you Vinny Jones style if you can get up right away then you are right you are too tough for soccer." Come on USA you have decent national team who just qualified for the world cup but yet you drag your feet on loving this sport, why? If the USA men's national team does not get the coverage and support that they deserve then I think we should start a petition to change the NFL from the National Football League to the National Throwball League since only the lonely kicker actually uses his foot.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny; you sound like the British government telling the Brits,
    "Come on guys we need our economy; our schools our health service etc to be like the American's -"

    A culture is what it is ...

    You could always come back to Scotland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I will be home soon

    ReplyDelete